Treating Members Fairly
The Society has declared:
“We are dedicated to fairness in our dealings with Members”
The Society’s responsibilities to Members in the TMF area are:
- We will ensure that fairness in our dealings with Members is central to the Society’s culture.
- We will design and market new products that meet the needs of the Member groups at whom they are targeted.
- All of our products will have clear and fair terms and conditions.
- We will provide all necessary information about our products before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where we provide advice, this will be suitable and will take account of our Members’ circumstances.
- Our products will perform as we have led our Members to expect.
- Our staff will provide our Members with a friendly, efficient and professional service.
- We will not put in place unreasonable barriers that prevent our Members from changing products or moving to another institution.
- We will deal with complaints in a fair manner and will comply with the FCA’s rules and guidance in this area.
- We will gather and review the necessary management information the Society needs to ensure that the Society meets its TMF responsibilities.