How to Apply for a Mortgage
To book an appointment with a qualified mortgage advisor contact your local Progressive branch by phone or submit a call back request today.
Three Simple Steps to Getting a Mortgage
Follow these 3 simple steps to apply for a Progressive Building Society mortgage.
Call into your local Progressive branch and discuss with one of our mortgage advisors the various mortgage options available to you:
- Our mortgage advisor will review your income and expenditure and give you an indication as to how much you can borrow
- We will provide a quotation and advice on which mortgage product best meets your needs
- Our mortgage advisor can then help you to complete an application
- We will explain everything you need to know about the process
After completion of your application we will:
- Arrange for a valuer to value the property
- Take up references if required
- Assess the information we have gathered
- Send you and your solicitor a written formal offer of mortgage (subject to satisfactory assessment of your application)
Once your mortgage is agreed your solicitor will complete the legal work and request funds. The mortgage process is now complete.
Below is a list of the documents that you will need to bring to your mortgage appointment:
|Proof of Identity||Current Passport/Driving Licence|
|Proof of Address||Utility bill/bank statement dated within last 3 months|
|Proof of Income||Employed – 3 months payslips and most recent P60
Self-Employed – Last 3 years certified/audited accounts
|Bank Details||Most recent 3 months statements which show your income/expenditure|
|Details of any existing financial commitments||Details such as the up to date balance, length of agreement and monthly repayments of any existing borrowing (eg. credit cards, store cards, personal loans, hire purchases)|